All around knife for a customer

Recently I was approached by a customer to make a knife for her father.

I drew a drop point knife, as she liked one of my previous designs (the 3rd one, with the gut-hook). Since her father has big hands, I have stretched the handle to 13cm, and have re-drawn the blade without the gut hook, and erased the extra grip in the front of the handle. (I am actually making the original design currently too, it is almost finished, only needs buffing, sharpening and a sheath. Will post link here too, as soon it is ready)


How I made a drop point knife from start to finish
Drop point knife making
It might not look similar, but the one in the middle was the basis for the one below, that has been made here :)
The second knife is the basis, and the third one is the end-result. I have followed the curve of the hook, and brought it to the spine. Handle has been stretched to 13cm too. Also erased the extra finger groove.

I started documenting the process on video, yet -as usually- at some point I forgot to take my GoPro with me. :(
Here is the video of the first part, I'll add a second part to this blogpost, and pictures of making the kydex sheath soon, please check back.

Bill of materials:
O1 (EU: 1.2510) tool steel 50x3mm
Scales: Kirinite Jungle Camo, 6,4mm thick
Pins:  Loveless Brass screws
Lanyard hole: 10mm brass tube, 1.5mm thick wall
Sheath: black Kydex
5min epoxy

Enjoy:
5

Below a few higher resolution pictures:






Comments

  1. Nice looking blade man!

    All the best from Canada.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, still a lot to learn :) Every knife is a new learning courve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heat treat oven - electric

Ratot - my own design

About PsyKnives