Ruixin sharpening kit review

My first choice for creating an edge, and sharpening my knives was the Ruixin Pro sharpening kit.
The following post is my own opinion, based on my experience with this product. Unfortunately I have had no idea of starting this blog when I bought this system, therefore I have no pictures of it on my own.

You gotta love this sharpening angle :D:D

Well... As it tends to happen with the most of the "el cheapo" products, this very quickly became an expensive sharpening kit. Why? Because I had to buy a good one after trying this one.

Pro's of Ruixin Pro sharpening kit:
  • It is (somewhat) cheap
  • Very easy to find extra/replacement stones online (Aliexpress, etc)
  • It is made of metal, and is easy to assemble
  • There it was, just about all good things in 3 bulletpoints
  • I had to create a 5th bullet point, to make it look a very good product :D:D
 
Well, call me bad, but read the box... You can observe the quality already on the box...

 Con's of Ruixin Pro sharpening kit:

  •  You dont know, at what degree you will sharpen your knife.
  • Even if you manage to find a suitable angle, you'll never be able to repeat it, so you'll have to redo the edge of your knife every time.
  • Fastenig the knife in the tool is a pain in the a**. The screws are'nt able to firmly hold the knife in place for the time of the sharlening. It tends to move with every stroke you make.
  • The stones, that came in the box are very weak. The O-1 tool steel blade on my Delta knife ate it. the fine sand of the stone was flying around. After creating the shape of the edge, you could see where the stone met the knife. (yes, I used it wet.)
Unfortunately for me, I have no pictures on of this device, and I canot make any, since I have tossed it out to the garbage after I used it on the Delta.

Not too surprisingly, I had a total different experience with the Lansky Sharpening Tool 5 Stone Pofessional LKCPR, combined with the Lansky Universal Mount Sharpening System LM009. It did hell of a job on my Visag gut hook knife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ratot - my own design

Glow in the dark GITD Micarta!?!?

Heat treat oven - electric